What Happens If There Is Bad Weather On The Date Of My Skydive?
Skydive New England will have our facility open for skydiving every day. While we may be open for skydiving, we may be on a weather hold if conditions do not allow us to safely skydive. You are welcome to call our facility before driving out to check on conditions. We encourage all customers to come for your scheduled Class Time regardless of current jumping conditions as New England weather can change quickly and not be accurately predicted on the forecast. After your class is over, you are welcome to wait to see if weather conditions change or take a raincheck and come back another time!
Weather conditions change frequently in the northeast, so please be prepared. Participating in a sport with specific weather requirements in order to provide safety means that you must be patient and respectful of changing conditions if you want to jump out of an airplane. You may drive to our facility more than once before getting to skydive. On many days, we just have to show up, wait and see if it will be a safe day for skydiving. Forecasts do little to accurately predict safe conditions in regards to skydiving. We do our best to get everyone in the air on the day of their skydive while keeping safety as our #1 priority.
- You are welcome to call our office at (207) 339-1520 to check on the weather before driving to our facility. We will update you on current conditions.
- If at any time a customer is rude to our customer service staff or jump staff regarding weather conditions, we will ask you to come back another time when you are in a better mood! Please be respectful of our safety decisions, our staff is hard at work trying to make dreams come true!
I’m at the skydiving center waiting to skydive, but the weather conditions are not currently safe to skydive in. What are my choices?
When we are not skydiving due to weather conditions, it is because it is unsafe to do so. Your safety is our #1 Priority at Skydive New England.
We prepare customers to spend the day with us just in case we experience weather holds. We over-prepare people for the time you may spend at our facility just in case weather delays happen on the day of your skydive.
Come to the skydiving center prepared. Pack like you are going to the beach/state park for the day!
- Eat at our onsite restaurant the Ripcord Cafe
- Bring something to keep you occupied if you have to wait several hours (books, frisbee, hacky sack, other outdoor games)
- If you do not want to wait, you can always reschedule and come back another day
Weather delays happen and there is no guarantee of how long they will last and if/when conditions will become safe to skydive in.
What Are The refund policy and raincheck options?
- All payments are non-refundable, regardless of weather conditions
- If we are skydiving at the time of your arrival, you will pay for your skydive at check-in
- If we are on a weather hold at the time of your arrival, you have the option to wait to pay until we start skydiving
- Rainchecks can be issued at any time while at our facility as we do not require you to wait for the weather to change
- Rainchecks do not expire and are fully transferable