Tandem skydiving is today’s most innovative and popular way of making that first jump! Tandem skydiving consists of two people strapped together, making the jump out of the airplane together and experiencing the entire freefall and landing together. This provides the skydiving jump for first-timers with the knowledge of an experienced skydiver the entire time.
Step 1: Training
Your adventure begins with a 30-minute ground school where you meet staff members, view instructional videotapes, and get a general overview of your jump. You will learn how to exit the aircraft, freefall techniques, and body position during landing. Tandem jumping uses the dual instruction approach similar to learning how to fly an airplane, and your tandem instructor will be there to assist you through all phases of your skydive.
Step 2: The Plane Ride
The plane ride lasts about 15-20 minutes and the views from above the dropzone are incredible! The ocean views of the majestic New England coastline and breathtaking New Hampshire mountains will surely enhance your experience!
Step 3: The Jump to Freefall
Tandem jumping is such an incredible experience! You will get the high-speed thrill of jumping from the plane at 14,000ft followed by a freefall that lasts for over a minute reaching speeds of up to 120 mph. This is then followed by the serenity and beauty of the parachute ride. Once you are back to earth, you will receive a first jump certificate and all the necessary information on how to become a licensed skydiver. Whether you are planning to become a skydiver or just want to experience the thrill of skydiving, this is a great introduction to the exciting world of freefall skydiving!
Other Items to Be Aware Of
- Reservations at Skydive New England are recommended. We are open 7 days a week, so pick the day that works best for you. We ask that you leave a $75.00 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot in the tandem class. The deposit goes towards the balance of your skydive, which you pay on the day of your jump. You can use your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) by phone at 1-800-UGO-JUMP, or online.
- Good things take time, plan to spend the day at the dropzone for the full skydiving process from start to finish. Your class time is not necessarily your jump time. Remember, skydiving is a weather permitting sport. If you are unable to jump on your scheduled date due to the weather, we will issue you a rain check which is good for 2 years.
- Make sure to wear the appropriate clothes and shoes for your skydive.
- We supply all the equipment needed. We have the most up-to-date tandem and student equipment available in the world today. The instructors will give you personalized skydiving instruction using the most modern training techniques available. All skydiving instructors and parachute riggers are certified by the United States Parachute Association and the FAA, and average over 7,000 jumps each.
- Your parachute is rectangular in shape, similar to the wing of an airplane, and is completely controllable. Canopy rides last about 5-9 minutes, depending on how fast you like to fly your parachute.
- The weight limit is 240lbs.
- You must be 18 or older to skydive, so bring a picture ID.
See you soon for your first tandem skydive jump at Skydive New England!