Skydiving Reservation Questions
- What should I wear to skydive?
Gym shoes – no sandals or boots
- Clothes you don’t mind getting grass stains on
- Bright colored clothes (for video/photo purposes)
- Our facility is an outdoor facility. You may be outside for a half day on the day of your event, please dress accordingly
- Hot weather (70 degrees and above) – Active Wear – shorts and a tshirt – avoid short shorts (you may get raspberries on your legs sliding in your landing). Capri/yoga pants are a great alternative! Tshirts are best, tank tops can cause you to get bruised from the harness rubbing against you in freefall
- Cooler weather (70 degrees and below) – dress in thin, light layers. It is much colder in free fall than on the ground. Start with a base layer of thermals under your clothes and then keep adding thin light layers depending on the temperature
- Bring your own gloves if under 60 degrees!
- Avoid bulky clothing that is hard to move around in
- Learn more on the Skydive New England Blog about what to wear skydiving.
- Do I need a reservation to skydive?
- Is there a skydiving weight limit?
Yes, there are skydiving weight limits mainly in place for safety. At Skydive New England, the restrictions are as follows:
- Tandem Weight Limit: 240 pounds
- AFF Weight Limit: 225 pounds
*Height and weight proportions will be a factor in harness fit. No exceptions will be made for anyone over 240 lbs. Sometimes women 200-240 lbs do not fit in a harness depending on height. Feel free to visit our location before booking to see if you fit in the harness.
- Is there a skydiving age requirement?
You must be at least 18 years old to go skydiving. Parents cannot sign for jumpers under 18 years of age under any circumstances. This rule applies to all skydiving facilities operating under United States Parachuting Association regulations.
While there is no upper age limit for skydiving, physical fitness becomes the key to enjoying your skydving.
We require that all customers be in good physical condition to skydive. Can you climb up unassisted onto a picnic table and jump onto the ground? If so, then skydiving is for you! If not, skydiving may be too physically demanding for you to safely skydive.
- Are there physical requirements for skydiving?
Skydiving is a very physical sport that has inherent risks due to the fact that we are flying in airplanes and jumping out of them. That being said, we do our best to mitigate these risks as much as possible.
Customers must determine if they are physically capable of climbing on top of a picnic table and jumping onto the ground without needing assistance. This simulates what it is like for our customers to climb into the airplane, deploy the parachute and land on the ground. If customers feel that the ‘picnic table’ test is too aggressive for their bodies to handle then skydiving may be too aggressive of a sport.
There are definite differences between indoor and outdoor skydiving. If you are not eligible for outdoor skydiving, we highly recommend indoor skydiving at Skyventure NH.
- How far in advance should I schedule my skydive?
We recommend scheduling your jump about 1-2 week in advance. For groups, 2-3 weeks is best. You may call (207) 339-1520 for availability. We may have openings to jump today!
- How do I make a reservation to skydive?
Just call us at (207) 339-1520 or online reservations are available 24 hours a day!
- A Non-Refundable $75 deposit is required to hold reservation
- A 3 day notice is required to change your reservation without loosing your deposit. Less than 3 days notice, a $35 admin fee is deducted for last minute changes. Same day no shows result in the full $75 deposit being deducted.
- If 3 days notice is given your deposit never expires and is transferable.
- What time can I skydive?
We have scheduled classes five days a week Thursday-Monday. Your reservation is for a class time and we will try to get you in the air as quickly as possible after class. However, variables such as weather, class size, aircraft, etc. can affect what time your skydive will occur. Please plan on spending most of the day with us. On average, it can take about 4-5 hours from check-in to landing for a tandem skydive.
Note: Many students choose to camp out and enjoy our world-famous bonfire and nightlife! Tenting is free for tandem students.
- What is your refund policy?
All payments are final at Skydive New England. All deposits/payments never expire and are transferable. In other words, if you cannot jump for any reason then you can reschedule for another day, or transfer your payment to anybody else who can jump in your place.
- What is your cancellation policy?
We ask that you give us at least three (3) days to cancel or change a reservation. Canceling or rescheduling less than three (3) days before your class date will result in a $35 administrative fee. If cancelling on the same day as your reservation, the full $75 will be forfeited to cover your empty seat in the airplane. Please understand that our instructors have been scheduled to accommodate your reservation.
- Can you skydive in the rain?
We don’t cancel classes due to weather conditions, so you are welcome to come out and be trained. If it’s raining or if the weather conditions do not improve throughout the day and we’re unable to jump, you will be issued a rain check that does not expire. If you come back within the same jumping season, you do not have to take the tandem class again.
- Is there anything I need to bring for my skydive?
On the day of your jump, bring your photo ID, comfortable clothes, closed-toe shoes, and extra money for food, video, t-shirts, etc.
- Is alcohol permitted while skydiving?
Alcohol and skydiving do not mix. If we have reason to believe you are hungover or inebriated, you will be denied the right to skydive and will not receive a refund.
Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at any location on the drop zone by anyone while skydiving is taking place – even if you are not jumping. Violating this rule may result in you being asked to leave the property.
- I want to jump with my friend, can we both be on the same plane?
Anywhere from 1-5 tandem jumpers may be on a plane. We cannot guarantee that any group will get to be on the same plane, but we will try our best!
- What are Skydive New England prices?
Please see the skydiving pricing table below.
Tandem Skydiving Rates
|Tandem Skydive||Includes instruction, equipment, scenic plane ride & SKYDIVE!||$260||Book Now|
|Tandem Skydive Mil/Stu||With valid Student, Active/Res/Ret Military, or Veterans ID||$230||Book Now|
|Tandem Skydive - Mother's Day / Father's Day Special||
Discount for Mom's & Dad's
coupon codes- momskydives, dadskydives
|Tandem Week Day Special||
Valid Mon/Thurs/Fri *Closed Tues/Wed
|Tandem Group of 10+||
Groups of 10 can save!
All 10 jumpers must show up for reservation to receive discount. Discount is applied upon arrival.
|Tandem Bday Rate||
Skydive on your bday
Must be on actual bday (if your bday is on a Tues/Wed we are closed, but you can come on Mon or Thurs). Price valid for bday jumper only, regular rates and other discounts will apply to all other group members.
- Can you accommodate groups?
We can accommodate groups of up to 70+ people. For groups of 10 or more jumpers, please make reservations at least two weeks ahead of time.